The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky ChambersMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
4.9 ☆
I'm in love with these series. there's something so comforting, so hopeful, so warm about a bunch of strangers developing bonds. I can't really express how I feel accurately, so I'll go one by one with the characters:
I already knew about Ashby, having read the forth book before this one, and my thoughts on him are pretty intact but it's so endearing to see the love he has for his crew and how hard he tries for the people he loves.
Rosemary was a great protagonist for me. I hoped that I got more of her by the end but her development was smooth and feels like you're learning with her.
Kizzy and Jenks were great for support, the way Kizzy explains world building and the lessons she gives are like a class with your favorite teacher lol. Jenks is such an interesting character for me, I wished we had more of him, his past and how he met the crew.
I cried internally with Lovey. Not much to add without spoiling. Just that I told my mom everything about her and she understood why I came emotional after the end of the book.
Sissix was one of my favorites. she's fun, love her personality and her race is one of the most interesting ones I've seen. not much else to say, I was happy while reading. Same for Dr Chef, his chapter on backstory made me stare at the wall about to cry. Two very comforting characters.
Now Ohan and Colbin had me gasping and gripping the book in surprise. both have such interesting concepts, such debates, I wish I had a book just on them. I hope they make appearances on future books, I need to know more about specially how the feel after the emotional bomb they've been through. I don't wanna say anything for spoilers but they're gonna be in my mind for a long time.
This was perfect, wow.
Listened to while reading: my own playlist I made for sci-fi reads!! https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6SS...
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment