Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn MuirMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
4.7☆
Wow. alright. such a ride. intense, rollercoaster. took me a while to get in, while the world building is rich and enticing it was also a bit hard to catch the terminology, specially reading this in my second language. also my fault for not reading the extras at the same time they appeared in the main story. but past the introduction I was absorbed by it. I'm such a big fan of escape room trials and murder mysteries and this gave me both. Gideon was such a funny narrator and I loved her interacting emphatically (and flirting) with the other houses. by the twist I was at the edge of my seat, everyone who dared to listen to me knew what was going on in the book (kudos to them). I was flabbergasted, heartbroken and wrecked. Don't wanna go too deep into it but those ending chapters had me teary.
as for characters, Gideon... my dear Gideon, my beloved, my favorite. she's so funny, witty, charismatic... won't say too much.
Harrow I'm warming up to her. Since the pool scene (WHAT A SCENE), I've been liking her more.
Dulcinea had me in a chokehold. She was also my mom's favorite lol. Also proud Spaniard to call her Dulcinea del Toboso jeje.
CAMILLA OMG, she was such a surprise for me, by the end my liking of her just incremented by a thousand. I need to know what happened to her and need more of her in general.
getting into the second one right now, hope for my poor heart to endure it.
Soundtrack: I found out 7 inches of satanic panic by ghost fits so well!!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment