9/5/26

Review: How to Disappear Completely by Liz Kerin


 How to Disappear Completely by Liz Kerin

4.7★


"How to Disappear Completely" is a great example of an innovative, mind-twisting thriller. It leans outside your typical cop and murderer game, appearing as a victim-taking-revenge plot, then shifting into a deep analysis of grief and blame.

I do have to say the "romance" isn't romance, as I've read some reviews say. It's an attempt to get the reader to empathise with the grooming situation Hazel finds herself in, often disgusting me, as it should. But trust the process; it is talked about, discussed, and finally twists into the real, sickening situation it is. It helps that we get profound backstory on most of the characters, creating a rich cast to explore and a contrast between what media portrays and exaggerates and an actual psychological theory.

It was a real page-turner, hooking you from the beginning with a clear goal that keeps you coming up with your own conspiracies and analysis of the events. I do have to admit, being reversely biased, hating a certain character a bit too much, helped me predict the ending in a very satisfactory way. Tho the final reveal did hit me like a truck, I love those types of endings and explorations.


That said, I'd go into this with more of a thriller (maybe even sci-fi) mood, rather than horror.


I hope this book gets the recognition it deserves; it's such a great introduction to Liz's work, and I'm excited to see how far it gets! I will keep her on my radar and try to read more advanced work from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment