8/25/26

Review: The wild robot by Peter Brown

 

The Wild Robot by Peter Brown

Rated 4.5 of 5 stars

4.5★
Wow. I love the movie with all my soul and the book didn't disappoint (clearly, the source material had to be awesome).


It read almost as poetry, the way sentences linked and illustrations filled the narrative. Although there are clear differences with the adaptation, I think they were for the better. No better in the sense the book needed upgrades, but in the sense that it worked better for a screen. The cast is smaller, the action consequential and a much more use of dialogue, but the essence is the same: motherhood, community and uniqueness.
In my very humble perspective, Roz reads heavily as a neurodivergent character (we all have gone through her same journey of analysing, learning and fitting in), and Brightbill as a disabled character, tho I appreciate that's explored further in the film, specially the flight test scene. I must say, the equivalent for me in the book is when all the animals come together to teach Roz about mother duties.

I was so wholesome and such a light read for a windy afternoon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment