8/21/26

Review: To Be Taught, If Fortunate

To Be Taught, If Fortunate To Be Taught, If Fortunate by Becky Chambers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5★

Ironically read this while Artemis II is ongoing. best decision ever (got to read while they got to Apollo's 13 point).

This feels more personal than any other Becky Chamber's books. you can tell through the text she poured herself into it and the interviews at the end just makes it better. It still radiated the usual hope in her books but with a more crude and real tone that makes it more plausible and likely. I'm so glad I got to read it in such a nerdy moment for me, expect a lot of science dumping from this, from biology to astronomy. Really liked the small cast of characters and the division with the little stories for each planet. It's definitely a more philosophical read than other sci-fi's and I'm so down for it.

Read it. It's short, it's worth it, it's relevant in our current situation.

Tracks I listened to while reading: the Artemis II mission and Project Hail Mary's soundtrack

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment