8/25/26

Review: This is how you lose the time war by Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone


This is how you lose the time war by Amal El-Mohtar 

5★


I think in order for people to understand why I loved this so much, they need to know that my favourite childhood movie was Peabody and Sherman, my current one is Across the Spiderverse, I'm an MCU nerd, and my favourite superhero comics are Loki, so anything time/multiverse related I'm a big fan. And this just adds to my pile.

I have a very long 15-minute audio of me essentially sobbing. I'm gonna try to keep it vague here. This was so beautiful. The way they're so essentially devoted to each other is how they found such unique ways to contact each other (my favourite was the tree and the seal) and, most importantly, how their fate and pasts are so inherently braided together... How can I not get emotional when affection like that is presented to me?
I must brag I caught most lingua on time travelling; this was essentially a Loki-style multiverse with a stunning mixture of space and time, various cultures and events, all so simply and casually presented.
The language, so poetic and yet intangible, gives space for reflection and relation but sometimes so crude and blunt... Argh.

They deserve happiness. They deserve so much sunshine. They deserve that future with a dog.

Yep, I'm going to wipe my face and keep thinking about them. Maybe listen to Stronger than you (iykyk)

No comments:

Post a Comment