A Prayer for the Crown-Shy by Becky ChambersMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
4.5★ rounded up to 5
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦," 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥. "𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥. 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘢𝘮, 𝘣𝘶𝘵... 𝘐'𝘮 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰."
This was a bit slower at the start for me than the first one, with a less sense of direction pretty much until the half way point, but doesn't fail as being as relatable to me as the first one. What I think I should say if anyone reads this with the purpose of wanting to read this books is, be aware, this won't answer the main question of the premise "what do humans need". It doesn't really answer any specific questions per se. It guides you through your own, like asking a friend for advice. I don't know how I do it but I always end up reading Becky Chambers' books in the right moment for me, with a surprising accuracy for the right subject I need in that moment.
Don't wanna elaborate more, it just follows up after the first book, could have been one normal lenght instead of two novellas.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment