8/21/26

Review: Nona the Ninth

Nona the Ninth Nona the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5★

After the disappointment that Harrow the ninth was for me, I was reluctant to keep going with Nona. I'm so glad I did, this was so needed.

Nona is packed up with childlike joy, innocence and a new perspective outside the fancy palaces and mysterious ships, a more humane and day-to-day walkthrough of the slumps and the consequences to the commoners. I'm a huge fan of found family and apocalypse dystopia, and this gave it all to me. If the first book was a murder escape room, the second a regent drama, this was a post apocalypse.

I absolutely loved the simple routines, seeing Camilla again (my favorite!!) and Pyrrha, exploring this newfound family, the kids at school and how Nona sees the world around her. Hot Sauce, The Angel, Noodle, Blood of Eden, everyone adding their grain of sand to expand the kids perspective.

I don't wanna go into spoilers so some no-context things:

Ianthe, how are you a massive bitch to your own god-damned sister?!

Kiriona wtf is wrong with you

Cassiopeia knows ball (best cameo ever)

GIVE NONA A GOOD BDAY PARTY AND LET HER WEAR HER SHIRT

TO BE LOVED IS TO BE CHANGED ft Paul

I have high hopes for Alecto. hope we get to see it soon!!

tracks: Carolina Moon by Emerson Woolf and the Wishbones; Tonight, tonight by the smashing pumpkins

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment