8/21/26

Review: La canción del lobo

La canción del lobo La canción del lobo by T.J. Klune
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.75★

Genuinely one of the most comforting reads I've had in a long while I don't know where to start so I'm going to dump everything as best as I can.

I wanted to sob by page 60. Little Ox and little Joe are so precious, how this family builds up and how safe it makes Ox feel was such a delight. As they grow up, everything falls into place. The characters are all so entertaining to read (my favourite was probably Gordo and the guys from the workshop), and as the reveal unfolds, so do the characters personalities. I feel by the end the author relied a bit too much on repetition as a bringer of emotion and nostalgia (yes, I get it Ox, your biological dad is so ass, genuinely) but maybe it's because I binge read this in a week, a record for me.

Gotta admit what brought it down was the "alpha/omega/ownership" talk. Especially in my native language I can't help but be reminded of fanfic language, my bad. In general every time they discussed ownership and possession I rolled my eyes, even if they were trying to be sweet and signal how united they were, that just isn't my thing. I could understand it and enjoy the narrative either way.

Oh and the spice. I didn't know it'd be THAT MUCH and THAT GRAPHIC. Not a prude but reading that in public made me wince a bit. My fault.

I'm so excited to see how it evolved, especially with that ending with so much potential for new dynamics and relationships. I'll finish the rest of the library picks and then go check out the next one ASAP. Side note: this was totally gay, team Jacob twilight fanfiction and I love the joke they made about it. I read this right after DNFing twilight and this was waaaaay better.

Extra i forgot when I first wrote this: didn't like the age gap. That's why I erased it from my memory, and I'm now remembering it. Maybe with less years it'd be better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment